Privacy Statement concerning the duty to provide information pursuant to Article 13 GDPR of SRB Assekuranz Broker AG
Protecting your personal data is particularly important for us. SRB ASSEKURANZ BROKER AG therefore processes your data exclusively in accordance with legal requirements (GDPR). For this reason, we consider ourselves obliged only to collect data that are absolutely necessary in order to provide our services and to manage the data with the requisite care and to protect them against misuse.
SRB Assekuranz Broker AG complies strictly with data protection law when collecting and processing data.
You will find information below concerning how your data are processed as well as the rights available to you.
1. Name and contact details of the Controller
SRB Assekuranz Broker AG
Tel. +41 44 497 87 87
2. Contact details of the company Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached by post or as indicated below
SRB Assekuranz Broker AG
Tel. +41 44 497 87 40
3. Collection and storage of personal data and the manner and purpose of their usage
SRB Assekuranz Broker AG collects the following personal data:
- data containing personal information e.g. form of address, title, first name, surname, address, email address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile telephone), date of birth, marital status, nationality, bank details, identification data (passport, ID card), data from public sources (Commercial Register, press, internet) etc.
- data concerning customer activity e.g. broker mandates, offers, proposals, policies, claims including all related documents, advice records, global advice forms, emails, customer letters, motor vehicle registration document etc.
- data that we are obliged or entitled to process according to law e.g. for the purpose of compliance with the GDPR, Liechtenstein Insurance Brokers Act, due diligence and anti-money laundering legislation etc.
All data are collected for the purpose of being able to provide our advisory services.
Such data are collected:
- in relation to the conclusion and performance of our contractual or advisory activity (point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR) e.g. establishing contact, correspondence, advice, support, clarification of customer requirements, conclusion of contracts, presentation of offers, tendering procedures, contractual adjustments, claims handling etc.;
- in order to uphold our legitimate interests or those of third parties (point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR), e.g. address enquiries following removal, sending product information etc.;
- based on your consent to the processing of personal data (point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR), e.g. upon conclusion of the contract, during performance of the contract and during claims handling etc.;
- based on your consent to the processing of particularly sensitive data (point (a) of Article 9(2) GDPR), e.g. data concerning health upon conclusion of the contract, during performance of the contract and during claims handling etc.;
- compliance with legal obligations (point (c) of Article 6 (1) GDPR), e.g. under the Liechtenstein Due Diligence Act, Insurance Act or Insurance Brokers Act and supervisory requirements etc.
4. Recipients or categories of recipient of personal data
Your personal data will be transmitted to;
- the relevant insurance companies with which we cooperate;
- official bodies (e.g. MFK [Liechtenstein Motor Vehicle Licensing Authority]), where necessary for the performance of the contract;
- other third parties in order to implement our mandate.
5. Transmission of personal data to a third country
Your personal data will be transmitted to a third country under the following circumstances
- Whenever you visit our website (SRB Assekuranz Broker AG) www.srb.ch
- Whenever you visit our broker network (Brokers Link) https://www.brokerslink.com/
- Upon the conclusion of a contract with a foreign insurer
- Whenever email is used in order to communicate
6. Duration of storage of personal data
We process and store your personal data for the duration of the brokerage mandate and thereafter as long as we are required to do so by law (retention periods under Article 1059 of the Liechtenstein Persons and Companies Act of up to 10 years) or under contract or where necessary for the purpose of customer support.
7. Automated decision making or profiling
SRB Assekuranz Broker AG does not use automated decision making or profiling
8. Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
(i) to obtain information concerning the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipient to which your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, and concerning the existence of automated decision making including profiling, and where applicable meaningful information concerning the details of this;
(ii) to obtain the rectification, completion or erasure of your personal data that are incorrect or that have not been processed lawfully;
(iii) to require us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
(iv) under certain circumstances, to object to the processing of your personal data or to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data previously provided;
(v) to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request their transmission to another controller;
(vi) to be informed of the identity of third parties to which your personal data are transmitted; and
(vii) to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
9. Right to withdraw consent
If you have consented to processing by SRB Assekuranz Broker AG by a declaration to that effect, you can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
10. Right to object in the event that point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR is applicable
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw consent or to object, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.